Using the Spousal Assault Risk Assessment (SARA) Tool on Helplines
Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Intimate partner violence can occur in any relationship, regardless of gender, marital status, or socioeconomic standing. Those who find themselves in an abusive relationship may feel embarrassment, shame, confusion, and at a loss for who to turn to or what to do.
Helplines of all types have the opportunity to help those experiencing intimate partner violence by assessing a person's risk, exploring ways to reduce that risk, and directing clients to helpful resources.
Join us for this upcoming webinar to learn more about using and integrating the Spousal Assault Risk Assessment (SARA) Tool into your helpline service.
You Will Learn:
- About different types of risk assessments
- The goals of using the SARA risk assessment
- The differences between Dynamic and Static Risk Factors
- What information should be available to complete an assessment
- Ideas for implementing use of this tool at your helpline
- And more!
Who Should Attend:Helpline Managers and other staff members who wish to learn more about assessing risk of intimate partner violence to help their clients.
Director of Online Support & Communications Distress Centre Durham